Where I Get My News Blog #1

https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/discover

The first, and main, media source I get my news from is Snapchat stories. On snapchat, a person can subscribe to all types of news sources like; The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, ESPN’s SportsCenter, etc. The specific media sources that I subscribe to are tailored to the type of news I care more about, i.e. celebrity drama. My subscriptions include E! News’ the Rundown, People magazine, and Seventeen magazine. These media sources provide short and visually pleasing stories that are easy and entertaining to read. I also enjoy the convenience of having quick news stories on the same page as my friends’ content, it makes news more easily accessible. The news I get from these media sources help me stay up to date on all things pop culture.

 

https://www.google.com/

I know Google is not technically a “news source,” but when I need information on current events the first place I look is google. I simply type whatever I need to know about in my search bar and read some headlines. I usually will not read full length articles unless I find them different or interesting. I just look at the top stories so I can get the “gist” of what is going on.


 

https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en


When it comes to news about fashion and trends, the media source I use to get news is Instagram. I follow many fashion brands, magazines, and celebrities that share news daily about anything and everything. When I get news on Instagram, it is usually about a new product, movie/ television show, music, or clothing line. I do not like having serious news flooding my Instagram pages because I like to use Instagram as a place to celebrate people’s accomplishments and discover new things, rather than using it as a news source for things or stories that I could possibly find upsetting or read anything too serious. The purpose of the news I get from Instagram is meant to be light hearted.

 

https://www.youtube.com/

I use YouTube as a media source for getting news because I can always learn something new there. I tend to fall down the “YouTube rabbit hole” and learn so many random and new things. I also use the trending and news sections on my YouTube homepage to keep up with current events and news. 


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_news_television_channels

Television news is another media source that I get news from. I do not normally watch television news on my own, but when I am home, my parents always have a news channel on. When I sit down and watch it, I am constantly learning something new about politics, local events, entertainment, and all other kinds of current events. It is not my first source to get news from but I have obtained a lot from watching television news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lives Matter Blog #3

EOTO The Camera Phone Blog #6