Another Persons EOTO Blog #7

During the EOTO Tech Timeline presentations, I learned so much about the inventions of technologies that I use everyday. One thing that all of the presentations had in common that really stood out to me was that the people presenting always got excited to share the “fun fact” that they learned during their research. Even I shared a fun fact about my technology.



The presentation on YouTube had many fun facts and statistics that really caught my attention. I watch many different things on YouTube all the time. It serves several purposes in my life. For example, I use it educationally to help me understand concepts, I use it to get news, and mostly for entertainment.

There were many things in that presentation that I never knew about YouTube and I found impressive. One of them being that 500 hours of content is uploaded per minute. Another fact that I learned was that it costs $6.85 billion to run YouTube annually. 


When I reflect on this presentation, I keep thinking about how YouTube has 30 million active users daily. I wonder how so many people are spending their time watching these videos and how they got there. I think that with the growth of social media platforms that are like Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, it makes it easier for YouTubers to promote their videos and provide links or easy access for their fans/viewers to get to the videos. Most of the YouTube links on these social media platforms do not take people to a new web page or app, the viewer can remain where they were and watch quick videos. I think this feature has greatly contributed to the growth of YouTube.

Over all, I have learned a lot about the technologies I use daily during this project and my favorite things I learned or the things that stood out to me the most were the fun facts that people shared.

https://www.youtube.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lives Matter Blog #3

EOTO The Camera Phone Blog #6

Where I Get My News Blog #1